Seeking Las Vegas Sphere advice
by mocopdx (2024-04-16 15:37:23)

I'll be there in two days for (sorry, most of you) Phish.

A few questions:

1. We are staying at the Bellagio, not the Venetian. Will Ubers be hard to get before/after the show? Is pick up and drop off far and/or difficult?

2. Is there anything worth seeing pre or post show in the venue? Exhibits or things to check out?

3. How are the beer lines? Are they easy to access and are there plenty? I don't want to spend 30 minutes of a set standing in line. We're in section 303 if that helps.

4. Anything else we should know in general?

Thanks, y'all.

Getting on a plane to head there now. Be there all weekend
by MarnMav (click here to email the poster)  (2024-04-17 09:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shoot me an email if you want to catch up. Maybe for a pregame beer in the parking lot.

Will be in touch if I have time
by mocopdx  (2024-04-17 10:00:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Going to be a tight squeeze logistically but would be up for a beer if it works out.

Laugh, laugh, fall apart to you all. *
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-17 12:25:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even I, a huge Phan, don’t like that song *
by mocopdx  (2024-04-17 13:44:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd take a song off of Rift before any song since 2003 *
by Sheenius  (2024-04-17 15:46:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still my favorite album *
by Marnmav  (2024-04-17 16:05:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That or Billy Breathes for me. Very different but both great *
by mocopdx  (2024-04-17 16:09:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks, all
by mocopdx  (2024-04-16 20:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Walking, it is, at least after the show.

As for the dinner recs- much appreciated, but we have a reservation already in the Bellagio. I wanted to try Andy’s recommendation, but we were able to get a fully comped dinner at Jasmine. The group thought free sounded better than any alternative, so that’s where we’ll be pre-show.

I'm heading to Bend in August
by irishrock  (2024-04-16 22:27:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we are staying at a place called Tetherow.

I'll likely be hitting you up for ideas as we get closer to August

Please do
by mocopdx  (2024-04-16 23:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tetherow is a great resort. If you golf, be sure to get in a round or two there. We can chat more later.

Which night?
by diesel99  (2024-04-16 19:32:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We will be there Saturday. We made reservations to eat early in the Venetian (Wakuda the night of, eating at Milos Friday, per Andy’s rec) and will walk over. Did the same thing for U2 and it worked great. There was no reason to get in super early for U2, although Phish may be more fun pre concert.

It’s easy to walk from Wynn/Encore, Venetian or Palazzo. So a dinner reservation at one of those hotels then walking would be my recommendation.

Just Thursday for me, all I could get in the lottery *
by mocopdx  (2024-04-16 20:53:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd vote walk too.
by Irishted  (2024-04-16 18:27:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looked like a complete shitshow for those driving to/from the U2 show.

We did dinner at Delmonico's in the Venetian before the concert. It was an easy walk from there.

Walk
by ACross  (2024-04-16 17:54:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I focused on drinking heavily before and after the concert, but to each his own. I am constrained by my high standards; I won't drink what is served at most concert venues.

Before or after the concert, eat and or drink at Estiatorio Milos. It is very close to the Sphere. And no riff raff.

Walk afterwards, it’s quicker
by vermin05  (2024-04-16 15:58:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Sphere is connected to the Venetian, walk through it, over the pedestrian bridge to the other side of the street, past the Mirage and Cesars to the Bellagio. It’s not that bad.

This. *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2024-04-16 18:40:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would agree on walking *
by JJ97  (2024-04-16 17:19:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We stayed at the Venetian
by ChicagoWave03  (2024-04-16 15:42:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am not sure about Ubers, though I have generally found them to be a pain in Vegas.

The beer lines for the U2 concert on the floor were not bad at all, and they even had a person walking around taking orders. Not sure how they were in the seated sections.

For U2, they had an exhibit that was ok. Not amazing, but for some fans it was probably interesting. I don't know what they are doing for Phish.

I do recommend Milo's in the Venetian if you wanted to eat there before the concert, which would make entrance easier.

Beer lines were very fast in the 200 sections (seated), too. *
by shawno3  (2024-04-16 20:38:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

200 level had self service kiosks with no line at all
by Siegfried08  (2024-04-16 23:01:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just be warned that, at least for U2, they cut off beer sales comically early. Like 30 minutes into the set.

That’s crazy. They were serving beer on the floor level
by 3rdSt  (2024-04-17 01:37:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least until the encore started. Maybe they’re afraid someone will topple down those stairs on the upper levels.