The Knicks toughed it out
by knutesteen (2024-04-22 22:22:36)

Imagine if Brunson was actually on his game. And sorry, no sympathy for Embiid. He never plays a full season uninjured, and every time in the paint he either travels, commits an offensive foul or gets an undeserving call. Tyrese Maxey is terrific, and why isn't Kyle Lowry on the Knicks with the other Villanova players, so I don't hate all things Philadelphia. Maybe 90% (Nick Nurse is a jerk), and Kennett Square is NOT Philadelphia.
This is a tough Round 1 series.

I'm sorry. What does Kennett Square have to do with this? *
by Queensman  (2024-04-23 14:41:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't want to dis my friend KSQDomer *
by knutesteen  (2024-04-23 15:17:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And my nuggets get no love?! *
by coloraDomer  (2024-04-23 13:59:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of the most amazing games I've ever watched.
by LondonDomer  (2024-04-23 14:02:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jokic put on a masterclass and Jamal's 4th quarter after how poorly the rest of the game went was incredible. The buzzer beater was absurd.

Outside of Jokic and Porter, the rest of the team combined to go 0/20 on three-point attempts, most of them very open. And they *still* won.

They just focus, execute better on offense and get rebounds
by TripleDomer  (2024-04-23 14:44:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It doesn't always work, but it means they almost always close the gap down to a possession or two. LeBron's consecutive 3s and a soft &1 were tough, and Gordon's save and pass to MPJ was game-saving.

The team's and Malone's belief in each other(e.g., their insistence that Murray keep shooting) is a large part of their success.

Also, how sweet was it that the shot was over the self-proclaimed DPOY (who admittedly played a great game until his legs and Gordon stopped him in the 4th).

Oh yeah. I'm no stranger to Nuggets basketball.
by LondonDomer  (2024-04-23 15:20:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I watch every single game. Been a fan, for better or worse, my entire life. They're the most selfless team in basketball, and I have to think it starts with their star (Jokic). Malone has done an excellent job of leaning into Jokic's approach and the team has responded.

I know; just co-celebrating a great win! *
by TripleDomer  (2024-04-23 15:49:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Jokic’s brother popped some dude in the face.
by The Holtz Room  (2024-04-23 14:36:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Serbs…..

You can take the Serb out of Serbia...
by LondonDomer  (2024-04-23 14:50:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But you can't take the Serbia out of the Serb.

JB is 16-55 this series. PHI is playing him tough
by irishnyer  (2024-04-23 09:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're right. If he hits a couple more, this isn't close at all.

Breen with the double "BANG" call is so fun.

Incredible ending. * *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-22 22:42:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I little bit of a reverse Reggie Miller. *
by Carlos Huerta  (2024-04-23 08:50:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post