NC State hosting Weimar
by RISteve (2024-04-17 13:34:19)

I'm sure she's wonderful, but one thing I'm noticing
by goirish01  (2024-04-17 16:48:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her team played one ranked team all of last year, Colorado, and lost by 30points. She clearly tore it up in the Patriot League, but her success in that league may not be a good indicator of her potential in the ACC.

Welp, we can cross her off the list. *
by JBC_MO  (2024-04-17 13:35:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not All Visits Result in Commitments, But ...
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 13:48:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...this situation looks made for a Grad Transfer Center to walk into:
- Virtually all starters back, save for a center and power forward
- And that's exactly what Weimar plays. She'll get to start in the River Baldwin role with some superb guards and wings around her.
- Lastly, Wes Moore is a pretty good dude (and coach).
However, I'll add in the part about ND in the next post...

story suggests she may have visited ND already * *
by NDLAW88  (2024-04-17 13:51:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thx. Now That's a Horse of Different Color....
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 14:08:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, I like Caitlyn Weimar already: she's smart, visiting two excellent programs that have needs.

I listed why NC State needed her and what she can bring above.

And while I've posted about Weimar before, this is what I think she can do for the Irish and what the Irish can do for her:

- Weimar can rebound and defend well (Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year). I'm guessing Melissa D'Amico Graves had good, positive things to say to Niele and Post Coach Carol Owens about Weimar.
- She could be part of an excellent rotation with Kate Koval and Maddy Westbeld.
- Weimar would get to play and practice with three players projected to be first-round draft choices, an All-American lead guard and a top 5 frosh prospect.
- And there's got to be a good/great Masters program waiting for her.

The only down side is that word "share," as in share time and responsibility. She could be a clear-cut main post at NC State.

Both teams have a Final Four to shoot for (NC State, again).

Stay tuned.

She could start and play 26-28 minutes *
by nd67  (2024-04-17 16:47:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Doesn’t NC St also have a 6’5” freshman center
by ram  (2024-04-17 15:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also a 6’6” Swedish player coming in

6'3" Frosh, 6'5" Center Coming In
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 16:26:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A couple of 6'2" forwards, including Maddie Cox.

I've included the release on the early signees. They may well have a tall Swede, too, so it's not as if Weimar won't have other centers wanting PT.

So, maybe playing with Kate Koval isn't such a bad deal?

She is from Cortlandt Manor, NY, which is in the NW corner
by MPG  (2024-04-17 14:29:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of Westchester County. Sonia Citron of Westchester County probably knows her, so that could be a plus for ND. She played at Hendrick Hudson HS and started her college career at Marist College in nearby Poughkeepsie.

I will gladly include her in an ND front court rotation next season!

Soni is from Eastchester, NY. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-17 15:11:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Small Geographic County. Probably Knew Each Other *
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 15:52:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why? 🙂 *
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-17 13:45:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post