So no snide in your original subject line?
by The Holtz Room (2024-02-06 14:23:53)

In reply to: Your post is an example of why we're disappointing.  posted by BeijingIrish

You could have shut down airborne’s off-topic thread instead of participating in it.

Point well taken. But people can't resist taking the bait
by sorin69  (2024-02-06 22:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

when posters drop the usual trigger lines. Like any number of people on this board, BI holds Biden in contempt (I don't). In this particular instance, the made for TV reception of the bodies of the dead soldiers, I imagine vets find it particularly galling to see dead soldiers as props, esp when the reason they were put in harm's way isn't transparent (sort of how I felt when Bush took a premature victory lap with the infamous Mission Accomplished landing -- on the deck of a carrier named for our greatest president, who had to take on the burden for one hell of a lot more dead soldiers). And the original post in the thread was meant to ask why the hell those soldiers are there. People should ignore the throw-away lines that irritate them. Though what the hell, this is also supposed to be fun and noisy, it's not a seminar room. No one needs a designated driver to get home.