I thought it was bizarre
by sprack (2024-02-12 10:32:25)
Edited on 2024-02-12 10:42:16

In reply to: “Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy!”  posted by Manor76

You and I remember the 60's-style ads, but anyone under the age of 50 had to look at it and say "what the hell was that?"

Indeed, in so many ways.
by Brahms  (2024-02-12 14:21:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

For one, the mad-men vibe.

For another, they "hey, I'm a man of the people, but I hail from a political dynasty fraught with scandal and intrigue".

WTF.

I knew of it from Mad Men
by manofdillon  (2024-02-12 13:22:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

If I hadn't watch that show, I would have had no idea.

Nostalgia to discontented boomers who hate both
by Nyirish08  (2024-02-12 14:37:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

candidates and vote in big numbers.
And then some Trump-style repetitive name pounding for some younger voters to even know he exists.
The guy is running an extreme longshot race. And even if the ad seemed stupid, I bet it was more effective than most think.

The anti-vax position
by sprack  (2024-02-12 14:49:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

is not the least bit popular with young people.

I think he’ll hurt Trump more than Biden.

I could totally live with that.
by Brahms  (2024-02-12 18:07:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Although I am extremely disappointed with Biden for his vanity and selfishness

The only way he gets on the ballot
by AquinasDomer  (2024-02-12 14:43:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Is if he gets the libertarian nom.

If he gets it, dems will run the ads they ran to get MAGA types to vote out moderates in the primary. Basically any of his deranged vaccine takes or Ukraine conspiracies. He's not even a subtle nut, he's all in on his garbage.

Bobby Kennedey is more extreme than Trump etc. Etc.

I wasn't familiar with JFK's 1960 ad, but figured that's
by Barrister  (2024-02-12 11:20:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

what it was based on the music.

The way it was used yesterday was pretty awful.