Manchin-Romney ticket?
by Needamirer (2024-02-15 14:53:20)

Manchin is floating Romney as a running mate. If that were an actual ticket, would it be more detrimental to Trump or Biden?

Machin just announced that he is not running.
by Irisharab  (2024-02-16 11:48:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

So it’s a non-issue now.

The comment ufl posted above I think sheds light on what he
by wpkirish  (2024-02-16 13:34:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

thinks the impact would be.

1. Does not want to be a spoiler
2. Now is not the right time (presumably for a third party)
3. Democracy is at stake.

Presumably he believes a third party run most likely benefits Trump and does not want to be responsible for a second Trump presidency.

In a heartbeat! Excuse me, I do "go on". *
by beatgoeson  (2024-02-15 20:16:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Yes, two 76-year-olds are just the spry, youthful antidote
by kormal  (2024-02-15 17:34:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

This country sorely needs to save us from the unhinged 77-year-old and doddering-possibly-demented 81-year-old.

I think this ticket (and likely any third party ticket) will
by wpkirish  (2024-02-15 16:55:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

take votes from both but hurt the Dems more in the Electoral Colege Totals. I dont think Trump loses enough votes to lose a state he won in 2020 and I think Biden likely does.

Don't know, but I'd walk barefoot over broken glass....
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-15 16:32:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

to vote for that ticket over the two primary alternatives.

You’d walk barefoot over broken glass to
by sprack  (2024-02-15 17:40:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

vote for a ticket that wouldn’t have any different effect than your intent to leave your presidential ballot blank?

Man, I would strongly suggest you wear at least a thick pair of socks.

I was never intending on leaving the ballot blank....
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-15 17:48:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

In the primary I'll vote for Nikki Haley if she's still on the ballot. In the general, if it's Trump v. Biden, I'll do what I did the last two times and vote for myself via write in. I'm supremely confident I would be a better President than Trump, Biden or Hillary.

That'll make two votes.
by BottleofRed  (2024-02-15 21:22:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I was planning to write in Larry Hogan but he's running for the open Senate seat in Maryland.

Well, thank you. Now we have a movement. *
by Marine Domer  (2024-02-16 17:39:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

That takes 50 people a day *
by gozer  (2024-02-16 21:20:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

A daily movement is a good thing. *
by 88_92WSND  (2024-02-17 11:53:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I doubt he asked Romney
by sprack  (2024-02-15 15:51:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Who has said unequivocally he’s done with elective office in January, 2025. The main reason? He says he’s too old and should not be serving in the Senate in his 80’s.

It has absolutely no chance of winning
by Freight Train  (2024-02-15 15:50:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I'd still vote for it though. I'll be leaving the President line blank on my ballot, just like I did in 2020, if this doesn't come to fruition, which I know is the longest of long shots.

No chance of winning even one electoral vote. *
by Manor76  (2024-02-15 17:37:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Hell, no chance of even coming in second anywhere
by sprack  (2024-02-15 22:50:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Which means even worse than Ross Perot in 1992 who did come in second in one state.

My amateur guess is it would hurt Biden.
by TJK1998  (2024-02-15 15:08:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Many folks who don't want to vote for Biden but will hold their nose because they detest Trump would have a lever to pull.

I don't think there are tons of voters that could stomach Trump and all his warts that are going to be swayed by this kind of ticket.

I think it would take votes from Trump.
by NDBass  (2024-02-15 15:13:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I also think it would take more votes from Biden. I think the biggest questions are would that difference be larger than past margins and will Biden lose votes from the fringe to some other party?

In The Romney book
by AquinasDomer  (2024-02-15 15:07:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He says he thought about No Labels for a minute and realized there's no way it'd work. My understanding is he's been working on Manchin to get him to realize this.