What a spectacular own goal by him
by crazychester (2024-02-16 11:01:17)

In reply to: Did that pansy Tucker Carlson ask his buddy Putin  posted by ACross

I can not fathom what his play is here, perhaps I am dense.

I think he was trying to make American big cities, which are
by Tex Francisco  (2024-02-16 13:56:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

almost entirely run by Democrats, look bad with a message of, if Russia can do it, why the hell can't you, as well as trying to make the point that people care more about their day-to-day lives than they do the political issues that seem to dominate our current political discussions. Anyone with two brain cells, however, realizes that one nice supermarket and one nice subway station do not a prosperous nation make. It's not clear to me if Tucker is actually this stupid, or he just thinks his audience is that stupid?

i dont think he's stupid
by crazychester  (2024-02-16 14:02:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

which is why i find it odd.

He’s not stupid, he’s shrewd, in an evil way
by mocopdx  (2024-02-16 22:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

His actual political views are somewhere around Reagan Republican. At some point, maybe 15 years ago, he realized how lucrative it would be to buy into the Palin/MAGA wing of the GOP. He became a snake oil salesman and sold his soul. His true self isn’t aligned with his media persona. He’s a fraud.

But kudos to him for becoming very wealthy.

He does think his audience is stupid
by sprack  (2024-02-16 14:47:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

And he's right.

I suspect it's more likely he got played by Putin.
by Angel  (2024-02-16 11:27:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I doubt the timing was an accident.

Maximum pain.

Not so much the Navalny thing
by crazychester  (2024-02-16 11:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

More the "Russia is so much better than the US" play.

Aside from a few q-anon/MAGA idiots who are so far gone that they can't even process rational thought, you've now made anything you ever say suspect because of this lunacy.

Ah, got it.
by Angel  (2024-02-16 14:33:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's lost on me.

Side thought re: Navalny -- he went back to Russia to stand up to Putin, knowing that it meant death. The current GOP are too scared to stand up to Trump because he may give them a nickname and say something mean on Truth Social #perspective