There were people "not voting for Vallas"
by airborneirish (2024-02-16 11:18:14)

In reply to: I recall people saying his opponent ran a poor campaign,  posted by krudler

Take that as you will. It's funny how the people who say everyone should vote for Biden in 2024 are by and large in the same group of people "not voting for Vallas."

Maybe you could name them
by sprack  (2024-02-16 14:50:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Because nobody else seems to remember them.

Also, there are only a limited number of people here who even live in the city of Chicago to have a vote. I absolutely would have voted for Vallas and was very disappointed when he lost, but I live in the suburbs.

Johnson is horrible and I knew he'd be horrible. I'd almost rather have Lori Lightfoot back, and I can't stand Lori Lightfoot.

I don't remember that but will take your word for it.
by krudler  (2024-02-16 11:30:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Agree with the irony in your comparison, as Johnson will undoubtedly do lasting damage to Chicago. Can't wait to see the ridiculous deal he negotiates with the teacher's union.

Everyone agrees that CPS is, with notable exceptions,
by crazychester  (2024-02-16 11:40:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

comically inept.

Those notable exceptions are the selective enrollment High schools, which are very good at what they do, and allow for middle-class families to remain in Chicago.

Of course, it is Brandon's mission to get rid of them.