Yesterday she said that she would pardon Trump if she were
by IAND75 (2024-02-20 16:59:39)

In reply to: Ahh yes, the brave Nikki Haley  posted by ocnd

elected.

One more reason I don’t want to see her as president, unless the only other option is Trump.

Can pardons be like plea deals?
by 88_92WSND  (2024-02-20 20:31:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Ie the pardoned has to follow through on certain behavior or the deal is off?

Because I have vague memories of the Nixon/Ford era, and growing up a lot of anti-Nixon voices in my family said that at first they thought it was bad that Ford pardoned him, but that looking back (this was from the mid 80s) they thought it was a good way to get it behind us. And that it got Nixon off the stage completely.

Shutting Trump up, and not giving him grievances to whine about - just suck the oxygen out of him and get him gone. At this point, he doesn't care about fines, even if he were convicted he'd be serving time in a Club Fed minimum security prison.

I think she knows that Ford’s pardon was wise *
by domerfromkansas  (2024-02-20 21:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

More likely she is trying to have it both ways.
by wpkirish  (2024-02-20 23:20:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The Navalny death allowed her to sharpen her criticism but up until then it was more about he will
Lose or he is spending his $ on lawyers not ads. I may have missed it but she has not stepped up and said he is not fit to hold the office and won’t answer whether she will support him.

It is okay to say she needs to say that to keep his voters but then don’t try to take credit for being a truth teller.

There isn't much she could even pardon him for *
by wcnitz  (2024-02-20 20:02:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply