My thought as well. There have been several polls....
by Marine Domer (2024-02-20 17:36:57)

In reply to: I think she may be playing the long game, planning ...  posted by Barney68

suggesting Trump's support would erode significantly if he is convicted of a felony. Whistling past the graveyard? Maybe. Time will tell.

I think the problem is similar to the dump Biden idea.
by wpkirish  (2024-02-21 12:05:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I think Trump will have enough delegates for the nomination before any felony conviciton. Even with a conviciton I dont see Trump voluntarily dropping out and that would force the party leaders to remove him somehow (not even certain they could). How do they call for removing the candidate their voters ovwhelmingly want to be the candidate for a conviction in a case they have spent months saying was a political witch-hunt?

I think Haley's own campaign evidences this problem. She says she is less concerned with his legal problems than turning the RNC into his own piggy bank. She refuses to say whether she would support him if he is the nominee after saying she would do so earlier in the race.

They won't remove him no matter what
by sprack  (2024-02-21 13:12:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

They're still scared stiff of the guy.

I wish I could believe that *
by ufl  (2024-02-20 18:33:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply