Here is the Cincinnati Enquirer reporting (link)
by Raoul (2024-03-16 18:48:00)

In reply to: Um, what? It’s a direct quote *  posted by sprack

"If I get elected − now if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath," Trump said as he discussed tariffs on car imports. "That's going to be the least of it. It's going to be a bloodbath for the country."

I am still confused
by DBCooper  (2024-03-17 08:54:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I listened to the full minute Kayo linked and I agree context is important and Trump is known to make some dumb comments that are a little less harmful if you take it the full context. With that said, what the heck does he mean with his “bloodbath” comment, in light of the Chinese automakers in Mexico context? I still don’t see how it isn’t a side comment about what will happen in this country if he is not elected again. Does he mean it will be a bloodbath of Chinese cars that are made in Mexico that flood out streets red? Cars that no American buys to begin with? Mexico is a big car producer and has numerous car companies using their land for manufacturing, not just Chinese companies. Does he mean a bloodbath of Mexico made cars? Because he doesn’t allude to that during his “bloodbath” comment, he only talks about Chinese companies making cars in Mexico

To me, it’s just another side comment he makes about the potential dire consequences to this country if he is not elected. He likes to stroke fear to try to get on the fence voters to side with him. Just as he said

“If we don't win this election, I don't think you're going to have another election in this country” and
“If I don't win, it is my prediction that we will have a stock market 'crash' worse than that of 1929 – a Great Depression”
The “bloodbath” comment just continues this sad pattern.

I stand by my original take
by ufl  (2024-03-17 09:15:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

(a) Adding length to a Trump comment often fails to increase the clarity

(b) My guess is that it is best understood as an aside from his predictions of economic doom to claim that the economics of situation are the least of the problem compared to the bloodbath to come.

(b) is far from certain. In general, going down the "what did Trump really mean" rabbit hole is treacherous. Random synapses make a connection with a variety of circuits: the "Jack Smith is a psychopath" circuit, the "I won the popular vote in 2016 and 2020" circuit, the "I'm richer than anyone" circuit, etc. I'm certain that the "If I lose there will be blood" circuit is in there. I can't be sure that that is the one which became connected in this speech.

It's hard to ascribe context to a random comment generator.
by Revue Party  (2024-03-18 13:36:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

His defenders are seizing on it as an attack on him by the fake media. He did say bloodbath in the same sentence as the economy.

Eventually, he'll totally undercut them. He also said if he loses, it'll be the last election. He saluted the traitors, er "hostages" who stormed the capital to overturn the election.

I forget what it was over
by AquinasDomer  (2024-03-18 14:07:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

But at some point early in the pandemic he made a similar inane comment and his supporters were wrapping themselves I knots to defend it.

He then said it was a joke and there was silence from the loyal chorus.

I think you two capture my feeling as well
by ravenium  (2024-03-18 13:13:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

When in doubt, assume Trump says things that make him feel good because it increases the adulation coming from his base.

Comments that can then spur outrage in the People His Base Doesn't Like? Even better!

I think any effort at discerning any actual policy positions other than "does it serve Donald Trump" is a lesson in futility.

In context (link)
by Kayo  (2024-03-17 07:49:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

What that’s better? Maybe explain away this one (link)
by sprack  (2024-03-16 18:51:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Tell me “oh, but context” on this one.

This is a bigger story than your original post. *
by IrishApache  (2024-03-16 22:52:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

"They are unbelievable patriots." *
by Revue Party  (2024-03-18 14:45:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The image of him, hand over heart, with
by Angel  (2024-03-19 12:04:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

..these traitors singing the National Anthem should immediately disqualify him.

Sadly, we could say that exact same thing about 50 other issues and yet he may well be President again in January 2025.

What a world!

Benedict Arnold was a piker. *
by Revue Party  (2024-03-19 15:59:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I responded to your original link and called it what it was
by Raoul  (2024-03-16 18:58:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Garbage. If you want to search for more links, be my guest. I won't be feeling any obligation to read or respond to your subsequent posts on this matter.

Somehow I’ll find the strength to go on *
by sprack  (2024-03-16 18:59:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply