This is like waiting for hanging chads assessment (link)
by sprack (2024-03-28 10:21:29)
Edited on 2024-03-28 10:22:14

Looks like the all-important nursing home vote has finally landed.

And winner called by AP - it’s Gruden!
by sprack  (2024-03-29 19:01:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

No, it’s Burke.

It ain’t over yet…..quote from your link
by EMILT76  (2024-03-28 10:28:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

‘Officials say there are 53,420 outstanding vote-by-mail ballots remaining in the election, but remind the public that only ballots postmarked by March 19 and received by April 2 will be eligible to be counted in the race.’

Nursing homes counted 8 days after election day….must have used carrier pigeons to get the vote in.

You want a 3/19 postmark? I can get you a postmark by 3pm
by gregmorrissey  (2024-03-28 10:46:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I did read one analysis, though
by sprack  (2024-03-28 10:41:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

that says that if you consider that maybe 40% of those ballots will never show up by the deadline (or ever), that Harris would need to get something like 79% of that remaining vote, which is highly unlikely.

So it’s not over, but the fat lady might be getting her voice ready.

Snail mail...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-03-28 10:36:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...My office is in Oak Brook, IL, which is not exactly Podunk. We have a large full-service USPS branch on Kensington.

We routinely get mail a week or more after it's been postmarked. Yesterday, March 27, we got our hard copy of Crain's Chicago Business...the issue of March 18.

We just got a piece of mail from January 2023.
by Barrister  (2024-03-28 13:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

THere's a local news story today about an apartment building that has had no mail delivery since June 2023. Post Office claims the grass in the area separating the parking lot from the nearby train tracks is too long (the postal carrier does not have to enter this grassy area at any point).

The building re-landscaped, but still no mail. Apparently the PO is looking into it, but when residents of the building went to the PO to complain, they were told to "call the Post Office" while standing *in* the Post Office.

The USPS is a total shambles in this area.

It has gotten progressively worse over the last 3 - 4 years
by catripledomer  (2024-03-28 11:24:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Not sure if COVID had a role in this, but I have noticed a significant slow down plus things that never even arrive.

Interestingly we have prety good service sohopefully I didnt
by wpkirish  (2024-03-28 11:42:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

just curse myself. I think the route schedule has changed because it arrives now everyday by 3 or so. For a while it was not uncommon to see them delivering after 6 pm.