I dont know the makeup of the Florida State Districts well
by wpkirish (2024-04-02 10:53:20)

In reply to: Florida to have abortion on the ballot in November  posted by vermin05

While it might be unlikely to swing the election to Biden is there any chance it might swing some state districts to Dems?

Also Rick Scott is running for reelection
by sprack  (2024-04-02 11:08:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I have no idea who his opponent is, but Democrats have put up some terrible candidates statewide the past few cycles.

It looks like someone reasonable
by AquinasDomer  (2024-04-02 12:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He's up narrowly, but he doesn't seem to be especially popular. Maybe the dems could actually pull an upset?

He was first elected in a squeaker
by sprack  (2024-04-02 12:49:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Granted, he defeated an incumbent, but he was the incumbent governor and won by just over 10,000 votes.

That any poll shows it that close at this juncture means it should be a dogfight.

I think people make a mistake thinking Florida is beet red. It's not. The problem is that voter turnout among Democrats there the last couple of cycles has been terrible, and lackluster candidates like Charlie Crist sure didn't help. If they show up, anything's possible.