No Labels officially fizzles (link)
by sprack (2024-04-04 14:52:41)
Edited on 2024-04-04 14:53:36

I wonder if Joe Lieberman’s death had anything to do with it, or they merely woke up to reality that no one was interested.

Everyone wants a third-party candidate…
by EricCartman  (2024-04-07 22:58:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Until they realize that in a three horse race, their team loses because of the third horse.

No matter who might have been interested, I’d guess that the
by irishguard78  (2024-04-04 23:24:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Person would have been too close to a republican or a democrat to have attracted anyone from the same or opposite side. Either way, there would t be enough interest to draw votes from the two established candidate….unless they simply wanted to mess with the party candidate.

Agreed. Their theory was fundamentally flawed
by sprack  (2024-04-05 06:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

And the Idea that the VP choice from the opposite party would balance the ticket ignores that people don’t vote for vice president.

They said they did not want to be spoilers and were only interested in winning, but there was zero chance of such a ticket winning.

Some rich people sure wasted a lot of money on nothing. It’s dead and gone, won’t even be a footnote in the history of this campaign.

Lastly, I’d have to think long and hard to come up with a dumber name than “No Labels”.

I'm glad they didn't consider Jimmy McMillan
by enginerd194  (2024-04-05 12:16:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I'd never want that label to go away.

Switzerland had for a while …
by Brahms  (2024-04-05 07:06:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

… (a brief while, I believe) a “get stuff done party”