All of my partners are Jewish.
by jfs86 (2024-04-05 12:43:10)

In reply to: Political side of Gaza...  posted by Kbyrnes

A clear split between Jews is whether they are more secular or more religious. It is not absolute. One of my more-secular partners is a Republican as are the more observant Jewish partners. Another secular partners is seriously reconsidering his Democratic
party registration. That is because he has he has family in Israel.

They have a joke they heard from friends/family in Israel. Biden is pursuing a two-state policy. Michigan and Minnesota.

The whole Michigan/Minnesota thing is so overblown
by sprack  (2024-04-05 15:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Minnesota especially - Muslims are 1% of the population and they’re mostly Somali.

Michigan is the only state where the Arab or Muslim population is significant enough to affect the election, but it’s only 3% in both cases, half the Arabs aren’t Muslim, half the Muslims aren’t Arab, and most of either aren’t Palestinian. And Trump is the guy who put in a Muslim travel ban.

I think you’re exactly right on the Jewish vote. Jewish Republicans will vote Republican and Jewish Democrats will vote Democrat.

Three percent of 10 million people is still a lot of people
by 88_92WSND  (2024-04-05 18:34:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Considering that Trump edged out Clinton by ~20,000, waving off the impact of any percentage of 300,000 simply sitting on their hands seems foolish.

Yes, but the point is they’re not some monolithic group
by sprack  (2024-04-05 19:03:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

As my ND roommate freshman year, who is a Christian Palestinian, told me, among Arabs, a Moroccan is as different from an Iraqi as a Greek is from a Norwegian. And I don’t think I have to tell people that Pakistanis, Somalis and Iranians aren’t Arabs.

Don’t assume they all think or vote in a bloc.

Yes, we all know about intersectionality
by 88_92WSND  (2024-04-07 10:44:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

But Biden's support among all of those demographics (Muslim, Arab, Middle Eastern, Arab American, Arab identifying as Muslim, etc) has slipped, often significantly. In 2020, Biden had a clear call to anyone disaffected by Trump's rhetoric against Muslims/Islam. Today, that is not nearly as strong a factor. The trend makes it that much harder to swing undecided or disaffecteds.

Throw in the fact that Trump is already leading in Michigan in many polls.

Whether the dissent is a one vote (not voting for either) or a two vote (switch from Biden to Trump) swing, whether or not it's a 'bloc', it's a harmful trend for Biden.

The problem is compunded by the fact the decisoins he takes
by wpkirish  (2024-04-08 08:19:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

that anger the left and cost him support do not lead to moderate voters to reconsider their cupport of other candidates. Right now both sides are expecting complete alignment to receive their support which of course is impossible. We will see if that changes as the election gets closer and the choice becomes more clear.

Trump is also leading
by ACross  (2024-04-07 22:35:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

For your vote

Huh. Pretty sure I vote Haley in the primary
by 88_92WSND  (2024-04-08 01:08:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

For the record, I've voted Kasich, McMullin, Jorgesen, and Haley.

Interesting
by catripledomer  (2024-04-08 11:52:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I voted exactly the same way...

In general elections, you come home to your hero *
by ACross  (2024-04-08 09:43:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Your vision going there, bubble boy?
by 88_92WSND  (2024-04-08 22:18:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

McMullin was the 2016 general, Jorgensen was 2020 general.

Remember, I'm originally from NY -I saw Trump in his first sleeze to power run, back when he was a Democrat. (One of my Dad's clients lost quite a bit of money when Trump welched on a deal in relation to the New Jersey Generals. Back when Trump and Andrew Cuomo were just local fuck ups)

You need new material. *
by EricCartman  (2024-04-07 22:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

You need a new candidate *
by ACross  (2024-04-08 00:29:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’ve still never voted for him. *
by EricCartman  (2024-04-08 08:04:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply