MAGA is Trump.
by Revue Party (2024-04-17 12:39:09)

In reply to: MAGA is here to stay -- it's what the voters want  posted by gregmorrissey

I think it ends with him.

The only common policy across MAGA is who can be the biggest asshole and the answer will always be Trump. The rest is just celebrity and fear. There's no mantle to hand because there's nobody to take it. No one's spent the past 40-50 years polishing his bullshit brand.

I hope you're right as well
by El Kabong  (2024-04-17 12:51:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

But I see people like Tucker Carlson out there, and maybe even Don Jr.

A little name recognition and charisma might get it done.

I guess we'll keep hoping.

Like it or not, Trump is insanely skilled at what he does.
by Revue Party  (2024-04-17 13:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He has an animal cunning. He has a deplorable charisma but it is charisma. People should be studying his branding strategies which are less strategy and more finely tuned gut instinct.

I don't think we've had anyone remotely like Trump in 250 years and I don't expect another soon.

The second the GOP stops fearing him, I think it'll be a race to see who can disavow him the fastest and the loudest.

My money's on Marco Rubio. Fuck, I can't believe I voted for that guy in the primary.

I hope you're right
by gregmorrissey  (2024-04-17 12:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's possible that without the massive bully pulpit that Trump wields that moderate Republicans will be able to start winning primaries again after he's gone. Similar to this Hogan guy, I'm skeptical but hopeful.