“Screams Without Words” the NYT article about the rampant
by Barrister (2023-12-28 19:09:07)

and systematic sexual violence and slaughter committed by Hamas on 10/7.

Anyone thinking of advocating for “ceasefire now” needs to read the whole thing.

It reinforces for me the need to destroy Hamas, utterly.

Couple this with the recent news that the hospitals
by airborneirish  (2023-12-29 16:57:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

the IDF said were Hamas HQs were in fact Hamas HQs. These are terrible people who have let their rage utterly consume them. They have no interest in a Palestinian state. They are only interested in blood lust and the extermination of Jews. We don't need people like that walking the face of the earth.

If they can demonstrate they want to coexist and engage in diplomacy - great. But there is no evidence of that.

I understand my position may seem hypocritical to some, but it is not. Israel has come to the table repeatedly seeking peace. They may not have clean hands in terms of how they administer their country but nearly all of those policies have been enacted in self defense.

The hospital story is not new.
by EricCartman  (2023-12-30 09:38:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Here’s a story from 2014 stating that Hamas used schools, mosques, and hospitals to store weapons.

Hamas has been an impediment to peace for decades. It is telling that people are just waking up to this fact now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/31/why-hamas-stores-its-weapons-inside-hospitals-mosques-and-schools/

It was amazing to see how little coverage the American media
by novadamer  (2023-12-29 17:24:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

gave to the IDF debiefs of Gaza "doctors" and "hospital administrators", given it directly addressed whether the hospitals were active or passive actors with respect to Hamas (the former, apparently).

I barely saw it mentioned, yet the claims about war-crimes for attacking hospitals got full coverage.

I was not amazed. There are many in the media
by krudler  (2023-12-30 14:08:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

who view the world the the lens of oppressors and oppressed, as they were taught (indoctrinated) during college, and if you have a conflict with lighter-skin people vs. darker skin it's not hard for them to pick sides.

I had same thought.
by Brahms  (2023-12-29 18:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The media only root / riot for the home team.

This was a tough read
by acrossdmiddle  (2023-12-29 13:14:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I didn’t need more reason to think Hamas should be exterminated like the vermin they are, but this seals their fate as far as I’m concerned.

Thank you for highlighting this.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-12-29 12:25:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The stories have been out there already for quite some time. I'm glad to see the NY Times pulling this together to bring it to a larger audience. The acts are intrinsically evil. If there is not justice in this life for these terrorists, there will be in the next life.

I hope the people calling for a ceasefire with a "Can't we get all along?" attitude read stories like this and reflect a bit more.

Side note: there was a story today about a Hamas terrorist shooting at people from a street corner while hiding behind a woman who is in a wheelchair. This is who Hamas is.

I wonder how UN Women will respond. *
by Brahms  (2023-12-29 13:41:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

UN Women is complicit with Hamas. UNWRA is a
by Barrister  (2023-12-29 21:07:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

full collaborator with Hamas and should be dealt with accordingly.

Yet this will not get the coverage it deserves and
by krudler  (2023-12-30 14:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

calls for what you ask will be met with the usual replies of "isolationism" or other intellectually lazy attacks like "trumpist".

I'm sure they'll address it the next time the UN denounces
by krudler  (2023-12-29 13:47:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Israel. These inconvenient realities don't fit their leftist worldview of of the victim hierarchy, in which Israel is bad and Palestinians are good.

I won’t sleep easily tonight. *
by Angel  (2023-12-28 23:21:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

New phase in life
by shillelaghhugger  (2023-12-28 23:15:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I can’t do it. I dunno if it’s cuz I have little girls of my own or I’m simply tired. But I dont have it in me. I’ve seen a good amount of rough stuff in my day so I’m not unfamiliar with violence.

I don’t love all the allegations I hear from Israeli tactics. I don’t have enough info to sort fact from fiction. Forgive me if I don’t trust Hamas or UN reporting. All I know is I would be similarly unfeeling about crushing the militants in Gaza, which are ubiquitous. And at the end of this we may conclude that Israel went too far. But at this point it’s difficult to tell them they should suck it up and accept this.

I am very frustrated with the Zoom class in America who has never known violence or a lack of safety in their lives saying such idiotic things like “the IDF should have stuck with Bin Laden style raids to take out Hamas leadership” (Krystal Ball) as though they have the first effin clue of what they opine on. It’s sophomoric nonsense. I’ve seen pundits reserve more rage for the stripping incident than they had for Oct 7. A Hamas defender and supposed expert on genocide Raz Segal said today that Hamas cannot be held accountable for genocidal behavior because they simply don’t have the capacity- those thousands of indiscriminate rockets are immaterial apparently. He had the nerve to suggest that other than Oct 7 they have been mostly non genocidal towards Jews “despite some of their rhetoric”. Just amazing.

It's their entirely simplistic worldview. They've been
by krudler  (2023-12-29 13:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

brought up to believe there are only victims and oppressors. In this situation the Palestinians have been designated the victims both now and historically, so they're the good guys. That makes Israel the oppressors and the bad guys. There are valid criticisms of Israel, but it won't come from these people because they are intellectually bankrupt and are only able to look at this situation from the most simplistic black and white lens.

If Tijuana hit San Diego with missiles…
by mkovac  (2023-12-28 23:30:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

TJ would be a smoking ruin within 24 hours.

This article is a must read, I added a non-paywall link (link)
by EMILT76  (2023-12-28 23:07:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply