She's a "normal" politician in the sense that it appears...
by Kbyrnes (2023-12-29 11:23:18)

In reply to: For those hoping that Nikki Haley is the Great GOP Hope  posted by sprack

...she'd play by, and encourage others to play by, the rules, i.e, the Constitution. The other ways in which she's "normal" is that she exudes mediocrity, like 99% of politicians: in her style of speech, her exhibited depth of intellect, her display of firmly held principles, and in her ability to communicate a plan of action for the most pressing problems we face. A kind of B-minus student. I'd also note that she is a self-proclaimed tea-partier, so I don't know how moderate she really is.

If she were POTUS, I would expect the country to move along just as it did under all our other postwar, pre-Trump presidents--leaders who weren't out to break what we have.

Most of the time politicians feed us pablum of their choosing, often based on careful attempts by consultants to craft some kind of a message. From time to time things slip out, extemporaneously, that give us a better glimpse into the person. From that perspective I'd disagree with IrishApache that this was an inconsequential occurrence. It could very well have consequences for the future conduct of her campaign.

Replies: