Or maybe she’s just running for vice president *
by sprack (2023-12-29 16:30:20)

In reply to: Maybe, maybe not.  posted by Kali4niaND

This user did not provide content for this post

This is the bad take.
by IrishApache  (2023-12-29 17:21:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It is without any evidence whatsoever. Especially because this very week the Trump camp trashed her and said there is absolutely no place for her in their administration.

Youngkin is actually campaigning for vp
by Nyirish08  (2023-12-30 13:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

It's the reason he didn't enter the race. He saw no way to the top and is hoping they can win and trump can't serve it out.
He was having weekly meetings with his old colleagues and funding people at Carlyle planning out his race. They resolved his best path is as VP. Whether trump and he agree to terms is another story.

If true... I find this a touch depressing.
by IrishApache  (2023-12-31 11:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I like Youngkin. In his primary he tried to appeal to the MAGA crowd, but then swung to the middle in the general election. By many accounts, he's been a fine governor and has compromised with the other side of the aisle on multiple issues.

Assuming Biden wins in '24, I was hoping he would run in '28.

Good Lord - Did he not see what Trump just did to Pence? Nothing good comes from joining that man's camp. It could very likely bring a swift end to Youngkin's (promising) political future.

I saw an ad about "Tricky Nikki" yesterday during a football
by Milhouse  (2023-12-30 11:35:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

game. So yeah, I don't think they're fans.