Great, another self-own by the Trump prosecution team
by El Kabong (2024-01-11 13:07:05)

It's like they're doing this stuff on purpose.

When are they going to figure out that even if the facts and law are on their side, they have to do it 10 times better and not give Trump and his folks an inch on which to build anything?

Everyone who engages with Trump, either ally or adversary
by Nyirish08  (2024-01-12 10:52:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

winds up appearing tarnished in some way shape or form.
Biden wound up President, at the cost of his entire family soap opera and his son's junk, illegitimate child, and unsavory income being brought to the public eye.

Speaking of that, Colorado just disbarred Lin Wood today *
by sprack  (2024-01-12 14:30:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Trump presents an endless litany of opportunities to
by novadamer  (2024-01-12 09:04:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

bring charges against him. Some obvious, some borderline. In the righteous anger of those who hate him, they sometimes forget that this also provides unlimited opportunities for crackpots, local wanna-be's, and charlatans to exploit.

Those who invariably defend Trump find themselves excusing the inexcusable. Those who laud every effort against him will find themselves defending some pretty egregious conduct/persons, too.

wow, it's almost like these people work for the gov't *
by jt  (2024-01-11 19:28:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

And they're here to help you *
by El Kabong  (2024-01-12 00:22:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

you see, it's okay when they abuse the system
by jt  (2024-01-12 19:35:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

because they're on the side of right and good and truth.

They can’t do that to our pledges….
by Marine Domer  (2024-01-14 00:05:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Only we can do that to our pledges.

This doesn't look good, either.
by Kayo  (2024-01-11 16:11:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

The filings from Roman's case include a bill sent from Wade to the Fulton County district attorney's office requesting two payments of $2,000 for separate occasions, under the project title "anti-corruption special prosecutor."

The first, on May 23, 2022, is labeled "travel to Athens: Conf[erence] with White House Counsel," for which Wade charged $2,000 for eight hours' work. The bill read that Wade also had an "interview with DC/White House" on November 18, 2022 for which he also billed $8,000 at a rate of $250 per hour.

These meetings are interesting because the White House spokespeople have denied any coordination with the various states' legal initiatives against Trump.

We’re in so much trouble
by ndsapper  (2024-01-13 19:24:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’m just not sure we can get out of it.

Former Pres. Trump will be found guilty at some point, I think that’s inevitable, but it’ll be so tainted to not matter to half the country.

Hadn't seen that.
by krudler  (2024-01-12 10:28:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Really looks bad and I hope there's a good explanation. As always doesn't make Trump innocent.

Some people are greedy and/or stupid.
by NDBass  (2024-01-12 13:00:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I don't know if you consider that a good explanation, but it is the most likely one.

For what would he be billing those hours though? *
by krudler  (2024-01-15 14:19:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I liked this little nugget from the NY Times:
by Barrister  (2024-01-11 16:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

"In 2020, Mr. Wade was chosen by the sheriff in Cobb County to investigate deaths at the jail there. In June of that year, Mr. Wade was quoted in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution saying that he planned to issue a report about conditions at the jail. “If we find it, we’ll report it,” he said. “It’ll be written up.”

But in October 2020, he said during a court hearing that he had spent five months reviewing deaths at the jail and interviewing deputies but had not kept any written notes, according to 11 Alive, the NBC affiliate in Atlanta.

“I have obviously my brainchild, what’s going on in my mind about it,” he said. “That’s what I have.”"

Seriously? Spent months investigating jail deaths (and presumably got paid) but didn't take any notes?

Definitely not
by El Kabong  (2024-01-11 16:38:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

At least not be stupid enough to write it down

Some of Wade's timesheets (and calling them timesheets
by Barrister  (2024-01-11 15:06:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

is generous) are making the rounds.

He billed a 24 hour day to this case back in 2021.

I don't know if this is a conflict for Willis, but if the allegations are true, it would seem she could be benefitting from the length and complexity of the case - the more Wade bills, the better she does personally.

The issue is more of judgment and perception, but not sure it's disqualifying, and certainly doesn't seem to warrant dismissal of the indictments.

“If this parrot of a motion is somehow not yet dead”
by sprack  (2024-01-11 14:57:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He’s saying, if I’m reading this correctly, that the motion has ceased to be. It’s kicked the bucket, it’s shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible. That it’s an ex-motion.

Read about this with my mouth agape
by irishintheD  (2024-01-11 14:30:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

and my palm attached to my forehead in yesterday's WSJ.

Even if the SP was an accomplished trial lawyer (he's not), how can the DA, who has an opprotunity to truly make a national splash, not understand the risk of bringing him in?

The majority of Trump's legal defense is attempting to discredit those that oppose him as opposed to actually winning on facts. She didn't think that maybe Trump's bulldogs would dig into both of their backgrounds for any teeny, tiny potential impropriety?

At least make them dig with a shovel...not a spoon.

edited to fix a double negative.

Like they say
by Brahms  (2024-01-11 14:30:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Shit attracts a lot of flies.

I'm thinking of the Latin terms to separate the thing...
by Kbyrnes  (2024-01-11 14:28:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

...from the person. The "in personam" defects of the prosecutor are, of course, coincident with the "in rem" aspect of the facts of the case. Do the prosecutor's personal defects mean that the evidence itself is flawed or should not be relied upon?

To the extent that the facts really area facts, I'd think that her foibles don't change that. However, if her personally inappropriate actions are enough for the public to lose trust in her judgment, that might mean we no longer trust that she has presented all the relevant evidence, including stuff that would exculpate the defendants.

Someone higher up the totem...I mean, chain of authority, should consider removing Willis entirely from the case and appointing a completely new special prosecutor.