I have only one disagreement
by sprack (2024-01-12 11:46:51)
Edited on 2024-01-12 11:51:20

In reply to: Yes. This multi-national strike to protect marine traffic  posted by Raoul

You have a higher opinion of Ro Khanna than I do.

Notably absent from that list of critics is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

I’m sorry to burst your bubble but he is a massive grifter
by Limbosmullet  (2024-01-14 10:53:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

A bought and paid for messenger boy for SBF. Khanna scrubbed the exchange below from his website after Khanna accused Terry Duffy from CBOT of perjury in an oversight hearing. Note that Duffy’s only sin in this instance was exposing SBF as a fraud 6 months before the rest of the world found out. I’d ask you to watch the below link and make up your own mind….

A Bernie progressive who is all in on crypto… it’s a joke

I see him as a much smarter and more serious thinker
by Raoul  (2024-01-13 12:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

than the rest of the Justice Dems. He shares many opinions with them, but he is far more thoughtful and much less predictable. There are those with whom I disagree and consider total clowns unworthy of engaging in debate, and then there are people like Khanna who are better than that. It is important to discriminate between him and say AOC or Cori Bush or Rashida Tlaib. In fact, I see him as much more interesting than Bernie or Liz Warren who are putative intelligent liberals but who have too much populism in their schtick. Khanna has a real vision. It just involves many policy I disagree with.

I agree
by AquinasDomer  (2024-01-13 12:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I think he's likely going to pick up the Bernie/progressive torch going into the 2030s. He has a coherent worldview and seems to engage with people he disagrees with. The democratic party would be healthier if the progressive wing were unified around a real policy agenda and not just a wishlist that puts spending > GDP and reflexive antianericanism in foreign policy. He's a guy who could help make that happen.

A lot of his statements seem to vacillate between truly insightful and mind boggling naive/stupid. Hopefully he gets wiser as he gets older.