Being reported Fetterman intends to force a vote next week
by wpkirish (2024-01-19 11:24:16)

In reply to: Bob "Gold Bar" Menendez, accused of being an agent for  posted by Barrister

on his resolution to bar Members indicted on national security charges from attending briefings.

He's been a surprise for sure. I probably disagree with him
by krudler  (2024-01-19 15:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

on about 90% of the policies he'd support, but he seems to not care if he irritates members of his own party by calling out obvious things like the "secure" border, which the majority of his party consistently lies about. We need more politicians like him who are willing to call things for what they are, even if it means going against your own party. As it stands about 95% of congress (probably more) could just be replaced with robots who just take the positions they're programmed (told) to take.

He seems to be that rare politician
by sprack  (2024-01-19 15:54:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

who actually does what he said he do in the campaign.

We're a lonely group and our meetings are not well attended. *
by Marine Domer  (2024-01-19 17:23:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

You are one of that rare group, seriously
by sprack  (2024-01-19 22:27:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I’m proud to know you, and I mean that.

We’re long overdue for a beer.

Let’s do it, my friend. This week is tough. Wife’s and…
by Marine Domer  (2024-01-21 01:33:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Mom’s birthdays, but after that. Just would prefer DuPage to downtown.

Seconded *
by wpkirish  (2024-01-20 02:12:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

Hats off to Fetterman
by sprack  (2024-01-19 12:44:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

He may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but he’s like Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger on the GOP side - he won’t stand for the BS emanating from his own party and doesn’t care if he pisses them off. Good on him.

And it sure beats the hell out of having a Trump sycophant like Mehmet Oz in there.

Indeed *
by Barrister  (2024-01-19 13:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

I heard it was a unanimous consent motion, meaning
by Barrister  (2024-01-19 12:11:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Cannot reply

any Senator could object and there will be no vote.

I bet Menendez himself could object, but I also figure a few nutbar Trumpers will do so as well - fearing their own ox may be gored by such a rule.