Bob Sr’s influence
by KHADDAFI (2024-04-09 06:07:55)

In reply to: Yup. And if you saw his father’s teams play over the years  posted by NJIrish04

… is profound. He is one of the greats. Danny learned from a master.

While their respective intensity levels are off the charts, they are good people to the core. In a society that seeks to hold people young people accountable during their formative years less and less by the day, they stand for a different set of values. They build a culture that breeds success and excellence with nearly everything they do. Last night’s game plan was brutal and simple. On D, let anyone try to beat them other than Edey. Ball pressure all night. Share the rock and push pace. It’s a simple game.

For what it’s worth, I ignore the histrionics on the sideline. The emotions of the game are powerful. When Danny crosses lines, refs should T him up. But none of that bothers me. He molds winners, just like his father.

As an aside, Bob Sr’s uncle was a priest at ND. The HOF-er loves the place. Sr. once told me that he used to take the family on an annual trek to ND for a home football game, even after he made his mental split with Digger.

Replies: