Yup. Having seen at least 15-20 St. Anthony's games over
by NJIrish04 (2024-04-09 10:34:28)

In reply to: Bob Sr’s influence  posted by KHADDAFI

the course of 20 years, the histrionics aren't a focus and while Bob Sr may not have been quite as animated as Dan, he wasn't far behind. Like you note, he should get T'd up when he crosses the line, but I think UConn fans today are fine with the histrionics after 2 straight titles.

Agree that they are good people and that accountability is key with them. My dad grew up in the Greeneville section of JC with senior and was a year or two ahead of him in high school and college. He still sees him every so often - more recently at wakes for mutual friends unfortunately. We rooted for Duke because of Bobby and that Hudson County connection, but after hearing him speak and reading The Miracle of St. Anthony's and the press attn when the school was in danger of closing and eventually did, it was remarkable to hear how many former players talked to how important he was in their life and how he saved them from the streets. But accountability was at the core of the culture he built.

Last time I saw him coach a game was when they had a national No.1 v No. 2 matchup with St. Pat's, who was coached by Kevin Boyle (now at Monteverde in FL), in 2011. Pat's probably had more talent (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was a senior, though St. A's had Kyle Anderson), but St. A's won the game and the mythical national title with its trademark defensive intensity.

What was the spat with Digger? Did he not recruit Bobby?

Replies: