You're too emotional on this. Free your soul.... *
by Wolfetone (2019-06-01 11:19:21)

In reply to: Kevin Corrigan should be fired.  posted by Porpoiseboy

This user did not provide content for this post

Quite the contrary.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-06-01 12:50:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was the posters who scrambled to rant here when we lost who were emotional. This is a call for reasoned posts for Kevin's firing. I just guess it will go wanting.

Corrigan is an excellent coach
by Domer65  (2019-06-02 07:59:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has done a lot for the ND Lacrosse Program and he deserves a debt of gratitude. He is a very good coach and I hope he coaches here as long as he wants. After the loss, I did state that I think he will retire with never having won a NC and I still believe this. However, nothing would please me more than to have him win one. I do think that there are a couple of other coaches that would have won lacrosse NCs at Notre Dame but, as is the case in basketball and football, we do not have these coaches. We have very good coaches but there are a couple of elite coaches in every sport that truly make a difference. We have one coaching women’s basketball.

I agree with a lot of this.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-06-02 10:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Tierney is one and would have won a national championship at ND if his same term at Denver had been here.

However, I like to remind myself that is nothing more than my opinion.

In theory we might have the Tierney of hockey as our HC. He won multiple championships prior to arriving at ND. Yet he still hasn't won ND one of those cheap-looking NCAA plaques for winning all the gravy.

Like Kevin, Jeff has taken ND to the finals twice. Either one could have fallen ND's way, just like Kevin's two.

Our program has been better than traditional powers Cuse and Hopkins for a decade. That is not easy to accomplish. All the thoughts in this post help me keep my keel even. Tierney didn't even make the tournament this year.