Clemson, on Other Hand, Starts Womens' Lax in 2023
by dillon77 (2022-06-09 10:29:34)
Edited on 2022-06-10 09:32:09

In reply to: Re: FSU  posted by flanner96

I saw an addition of the Under Armour All-Star game, Paris Masaraccia, was headed to Clemson. This caught my eye so I headed to Cllemson's website. Sure enough, starting up play next year.

The school I thought would make a jump at lax would be Wake Forest, in part because they draw so many kids from the Mid-Atlantic states, suburban Atlanta and growing lax areas like Dallas area.

However, they sponsor women's field hockey already and maybe their budget just isn't big enough (Wake has a relatively small enrollment for D1). And there's been a lot of construction on campus in recent years (dorms, business school, some athletic facilities, etc.).

Another problem with Wake Forest adding MLax
by tf86  (2022-06-09 15:10:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only 46% male enrollment. With that said, Wake Forest has potential to add both softball and women's lacrosse, two somewhat popular sports, if it wants to add men's lacrosse. Budget issues could be the biggest reason why it doesn't happen.