Another assistant left to become Rhode Island's first head
by MPG (2022-07-21 13:23:32)
Edited on 2022-07-21 22:57:26

In reply to: ND Women's Lax Revamps Assc. Coaching Staff  posted by dillon77

coach. This upcoming season on the field and in recruiting is crucial for the future of the program. I still find it hard to believe that Northwestern and BC have surpassed ND and won national championships while ND still has only one Final Four appearance and that ended with a loss to Dartmouth in the Tracy Coyne era.

The new offensive coordinator is an Aussie so his accent could help recruiting...

what's hard to believe?
by Melanzana  (2022-07-21 19:51:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Halfpenny is bad coach, and her results have born this out. As an added bonus, she's not well-liked as a person.

She gets good recruits because she coaches at Notre Dame.

ND started playing women's lacrosse before Northwestern did
by MPG  (2022-07-21 22:58:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and consistently beat BC while both teams were in the Big East. Obviously both the Wildcats and the Eagles found better coaches and passed ND. I was expressing my long-term surprise that ND has never reached the same level as those two programs who have been able to achieve and sustain a much higher level of success.

OK, That Accounts for Jenna Slowey....
by dillon77  (2022-07-21 17:50:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...who had one year as offensive coordinator for the Irish. Candidly, the results were not earth-shattering last year and think a change needed to be made in approach. If you stopped the big three, it was generally going to be a "W" for the opponent. (Howe had a feast of famine year.)