I don't think he had to worry about money.
by BeijingIrish (2022-08-20 14:22:47)

In reply to: Duke --> Bryant --> Texas HS lax. Bizarre career path. *  posted by 105Marquette

Duke had to settle with him twice, no?

I can see how he might be motivated by the challenge. The legendary Princeton coach who came out here to coach DU is sort of the same story. But TX is a much larger stage, lax is growing like topsy down there, HP poised to battle Dallas Jesuit for state championship every year, Jerry Jones money, etc.

Jesuit has the benefit of the kids who move from HP...
by Dude  (2022-08-23 13:33:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

come freshman year. Their K-8 program routinely gets beat by SM and the likes. Jesuit literally gets handed a solid team come freshman year. They add a few along the way, and BOOM, they are next level. Pre HS their Deuces teams are average at best.

I was unable to find out about the coach's settelement
by dbldomer7375  (2022-08-21 09:40:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The three players collected about $20 million from Duke in damages. In total, the whole affair cost Duke $100 million. I believe the accuser is still in prison for killing her boyfriend. The DA in the case was disbarred.