From purely a selfish standpoint
by tf86 (2023-06-05 12:11:49)

In reply to: Dartmouth HC Position Opens Up  posted by dillon77

I'd prefer that both Wojcik and Wellner remain at ND. But I understand the desire to get a head coaching position, and on the heels of a national championship, the timing could be right.

Of the two positions, I'd say that Dartmouth probably has the greater upside. But they also face tougher competition in the Ivy League than Queens does in the ASun, certainly at present.

Dartmouth also strikes me as likely the more stable of the two spots. Lacrosse is sort of a calling card sport for the Ivies. And travel costs certainly are lower at Dartmouth, in that every conference member is within bussing distance even for a school like Dartmouth, which is at the geographic outposts of the Ivy League. For Queens, by contrast, Mercer and Jacksonville are the only conference opponents within bussing distance. Then again, Queens is transitioning from D2 to D1, which shows a commitment to continuing and strengthening athletics (and likely an acknowledgment as well that there will be growing pains along the way.) Queens isn't really a "startup" job, per se, in that they had an existing program at the D2 level before transitioning.

Whatever Wojcik and Wellner decide to do, I wish both of them the best.