when you hit that $1B lottery
by irishrock (2024-04-19 07:19:55)

In reply to: Oh, there they go! There they go!  posted by The Holtz Room

I want to put my request in RIGHT NOW...an F-14 Tomcat is on my wish list...please make it happen. I will pay...PAY a lot of money to ND to perform a flyover for a USC game (they'll probably only give me a Ball State slot instead, but what the hell).

(by the way, I was at 2012 ND/Michigan and some F-16 pilot really took some liberties during pre-game...he was torquing the f out that plane and was going low and really fast with afterburners on...it was something to see)

Also at that Michigan game. The tailgate flyover was crazy. *
by ksqdomer  (2024-04-19 14:13:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to the point where I wondered if that pilot got a talking to
by irishrock  (2024-04-19 18:07:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seriously, that boy was low, fast, and turning some freaking g's...it was so freaking awesome. I remember telling my son (check out my profile as I mention the flyover), "yep, irishrock jr...that pilot is really testing that airframe"

(I dont' really call him irishrock jr, but you get the point)

Why choose? When we played at Air Force in '87 it
by Moff  (2024-04-19 12:45:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seemed like they flew one of each over their Stadium, one after the other.

Their actual falcon (animal) was great too!
by Irish2003  (2024-04-20 11:50:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was one of the DavieHam years that unfortunately blend together, but I was lucky to be near the cadet who was the falconer for that majestic beast. Seeing that animal soar, swoop, and land right on the falconer's hand was definitely one of the coolest things I've seen.

Now, to get us an Irish Wolf-hound!

Raising my hand for an F16.
by mkovac  (2024-04-19 10:16:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dear Lord, in my next life, put me on earth to be an F16 pilot. I want to protect the Central Valley from marauding giant spiders.