Beat Louisville hotel near Hurstbourne area?
by ACross (2024-04-19 09:57:03)

I guess I could stay downtown at 21C.

For dining, check out Brasserie Provence in Hurstbourne.
by BigBadBrewer  (2024-04-19 12:02:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they have it, the entrecĂ´te de porc au poivre is incredible. If not, the trout, pork chop, and hamburger (seriously) are also great. You'll have your own thoughts on the wine list, but I've never had a bad pick from there.

Marriott East is only 4 star out that way.

Don't know when you're going, buy yes, the Marriott East is
by FishNMash  (2024-04-19 11:48:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

probably the best choice for staying on the east side of town. If you end up staying downtown, the Brown Hotel at Fourth and Broadway is top notch. Also, a number of boutique hotels have sprung up on Market and Main Streets just east of downtown in what is known locally as NULU.

Going for a funeral
by ACross  (2024-04-19 12:21:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In a holding pattern, the moment has not arrived.

The man is an ND grad who is at the end, one of the finest alumn I have ever known.

RR
by flanner3b  (2024-04-20 07:21:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wonderful man. The epitome of an ND man. May God bless him and his family.

Probably the Louisville Mariott East
by fontoknow  (2024-04-19 10:42:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I'd lean toward staying downtown.

The Seelbach is a great hotel - if you don't mind the ghosts
by sprack  (2024-04-19 11:33:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It has one of the best hotel bars I've ever been in, a beautiful space.

We enjoyed Distil when we were there *
by El Kabong  (2024-04-19 09:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post