Legal question re: car damage
by memphissub (2024-04-19 10:45:50)

Will try to keep this brief. Have had a horrendous experience with service on my wife's 2023 Genesis GV70. Has taken about 8 months total to resolve an annoying engine noise. Delays caused by lack of loaner cars, inept service technicians, etc. Got a call last week that the noise was finally resolved, but that while they had the car this latest time (for about a month),they damaged the front bumper and hood. Neither is likely to need replacing but still it's damage to a otherwise damage-free car. What sort of compensation should I pursue? They've elevated the issue to their national customer satisfaction team, etc. and they have already told me they will be doing "something to make it right."

Not even a loaner? Even I had 6ish months of a loaner after
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-19 11:32:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my first ‘23 GV80 prestige had a catastrophic engine failure off of the lot and became an instant lemon… and my second had known fuel injector issues.

No, we've had a loaner (a series of loaners)
by memphissub  (2024-04-19 12:13:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They just kept putting us off to bring ours in due to lack of loaners.

I got pulled over in the latest loaner due to expired tags!

Of course you did! I’m cracking up, but I empathize. *
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-19 12:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you considered burning down that car dealership?
by Frank Drebin  (2024-04-19 10:59:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, if you are going along that route, you may also want to consider burning down that Used Tire store next door. It will send a strong message to management that you are not a happy customer.

But he should first take this...
by mkovac  (2024-04-19 13:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post