I’m 50/50 on wild fork
by airborneirish (2024-04-23 15:20:45)

In reply to: Wild Forks just opened in Vernon Hills  posted by rflor

I bought lobster tails and they were rancid after defrosting partially in the fridge. I also don’t like that they do not offer grass fed / whole food products.

I will have to look for the grass fed option
by rflor  (2024-04-23 19:10:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would have sworn I saw grass fed beef last weekend, but maybe I got it mixed up with the Brazilian sourced beef (which kinda surprised me….never saw something so specific in a store).

Thanks for the tip on seafood. I probably would only stick to shrimp….we’re not a big lobster family.

On the rancidity topic, I’ve had bad luck at Costco. More than once I’ve had pork ribs that had gone bad within 2-3 days of buying them. I don’t trust it any more and plan to get my next rib purchase at Wild Forks.

The Wild Fork I order from has grass fed. *
by Mark_It_Zero  (2024-04-23 22:05:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have never ordered their seafood.
by Mark_It_Zero  (2024-04-23 16:00:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have a bunch of commercial fishermen in my neighborhood so I don't have any issues sourcing fresh seafood, but I do order meat regularly from Wild Fork. I have had no issues at all. I've ordered elk, bison, plate ribs, ground beef, chicken thighs, chorizo, picanha, marrow bones, beef heart, chicken heart, and probably other stuff that I'm forgetting. It's all been good.

I can see seafood being dicey, though. I'm spoiled on that front.

I like it, but I only buy in-store so that I can pick the
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-23 16:04:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

actual selection.

I have gone in once or twice
by Mark_It_Zero  (2024-04-23 16:30:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I rarely go to Thousand Oaks/Westlake anymore. I almost always have it shipped.

It’s really conveniently located for us. I’ve never had them
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-23 16:38:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ship though.

You guys have it good
by airborneirish  (2024-04-23 21:00:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I go home or to the west coast I eat solely seafood. I don’t care how it gets to Chicago. It’s never as good as a seafood shack near the beach.

We really do. We eat a lot of fish regularly. *
by kellykapowski  (2024-04-23 23:59:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post