'gun culture'
by wcnitz (2018-02-14 21:22:05)
Edited on 2018-02-14 21:25:07

In reply to: I think there are a lot of issues, but the gun culture  posted by LondonDomer

Sound bite. What is it? Don't lump in open carry jackasses who put scopes on shotguns with typical gun owners. Typical gun owners don't act like that, don't talk like that, don't think like that.

I'm surrounded by people who own guns. More than half the homes in my neighborhood have them. Maybe more - I don't know if more do, they don't talk about it. More than 2/3 of the boats on my dock in my marina have guns on them when the owners are on board. They all have CPLs. It isn't a big deal. Nobody thinks it's even remotely an issue.

We don't have stickers on our truuuucks, we don't brag about our guns, it isn't ever a primary focus of conversation.

What you're referring to, as nebulous as it is, has nothing to do with this demented idiot who killed a lot of people today. His (apparent) behavior prior to this screamed out for attention, and he got little. Everyone around him failed. His guns, and actions with them, were a symptom.

edit: and to be clear, as I've said many times on the PB - I don't think we need high capacity magazines, bump stocks, etc. and have no problem with extended waiting periods. Zero issues whatsoever. I don't support the NRA because, other than their education programs for safety, they muddle and derail the conversation as much as the 'other side', and frequently moreso.

Replies: