I know several people with some type of AR-15
by wcnitz (2018-02-15 05:19:54)

In reply to: I think you probably know what I mean by gun culture.  posted by LondonDomer

None of them have ever pulled it out to show someone at dinner.

You have a perception of 'gun culture'. Whatever it is, this guy wasn't a part of it anyway.

I kinda think he was.
by LondonDomer  (2018-02-15 14:45:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Posing with his guns, taking pictures of all his guns spread across his bed, bragging about his growing "arsenal" -- that is EXACTLY the gun culture I'm talking about. And it's a common thread amongst these perpetrators -- behavior just like that, glorifying guns and violence.

You know better people than I do. There is definitely a
by inigomontoya  (2018-02-15 07:51:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

weird gun culture for a percentage of gun owners and even if you want to call it 5 percent that is lot of weirdos.

I would also say for the CPL people, that aren’t business owners with lots of cash, their is a lot of unhealthy paranoia over the perceived need to strap on a pistol every day.

My wife is I the medical field in rural Georgia. She estimates over 50% of her patients come in armed and have to put their guns on the chair when getting examined. Some have multiple guns, you know, just in case.