"Don't you blaspheme in Here!"
by jh_chi (2018-08-16 10:09:36)

In reply to: RIP Queen of Soul  posted by DBCooper

"Don't you "Don't get riled, sugar" me! You ain't goin' back on the road no more, and you ain't playin' them ol' two-bit sleazy dives. You're livin' with me now, and you not gonna go slidin' around witcho ol' white hoodlum friends."

"Don't you blaspheme in here! Don't you blaspheme in here! This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are just gonna walk right out that door without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and without Matt 'Guitar' Murphy!"

RIP (Here is the video clip. Different from what I remember)
by JACC1203  (2018-08-16 11:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

*I don't recall Blue Lou jumping in the car or the guys from John Lee Hooker's band fighting towards the end of this clip.

One of my favorite things about that scene
by Profkid93  (2018-08-16 11:54:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is how natural Aretha's acting is. As an actor, Matt Murphy is a hell of a blues guitarist, and the producers just made Lou Marini's character a mute. But if you didn't know better, you'd assume Aretha was an actor who could sing.

We lost Matt this past June. God bless him and Aretha.

This.
by Jess  (2018-08-16 11:14:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"We're on a mission from GAAHD."

Rest in peace, yer majesty.

from Wikipedia.