Magnets, for everywhere my wife and I have been together
by Brew City Domer (2018-08-16 12:12:52)

In reply to: Follow up from post below, what do you collect?  posted by Endthecursein05

picked this up after several trips so not a complete set yet.

Ticket stubs going back to 1993. Stubhub and e-tickets have slowed the accumulation to a trickle.

Wine corks and bourbon corks.

$1 chip from every poker room I've played in. Kids have slowed this accumulation to a trickle as well.

fridge magnets of places I've visited (started 12 years ago)
by discNDav  (2018-08-17 07:54:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I line them up in geographic location.

We're a magnet home too *
by shea  (2018-08-16 15:00:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Christmas ornaments & corks
by ndtnguy  (2018-08-16 14:03:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We try to do that with Christmas ornaments, pick one up for every trip. Somehow we couldn't manage to find a Christmas tree ornament in Rome so we had to settle for a magnet.

I write the date on corks and toss them in an apothecary jar. Some of them are meaningless in retrospect, but sometimes it's fun to pull one out from a special occasion.

My wife and I collect magnets from travels, too. *
by No Right Turn on Red  (2018-08-16 12:19:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post