Two words: Turks & Caicos
by NDFoil (2018-10-16 11:59:35)

In reply to: I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day weekend trip for  posted by veets

https://gracebayresorts.com/gracebayclub/

In January I’d stick to the Caribbean
by poweri  (2018-10-16 13:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It can get relatively cold in the Bahamas and Turks that time of year.

This is the correct answer
by njnd96  (2018-10-16 12:49:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Direct flights, about 3hrs from the NYC area, and some of the best beaches in the world. My favorite spot in the Caribbean.

Interesting. I heard the island is flat and boring.
by The Flash  (2018-10-16 15:53:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does it have scenic natural sites to visit? Historical sites? Indigenous culture? Performing and fine arts scene? What is the cuisine like, a lot of seafood? Might you consider Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta?

Admittedly I've never been, but
by starburns  (2018-10-17 08:04:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have certainly never heard anyone claim Puerto Vallarta is the apex of historical tourism, natural beauty, performing arts, and fine cuisine. And what counts as "indigenous" there?