Do you want to go further than...
by Porpoiseboy (2018-12-11 14:12:37)
Edited on 2018-12-11 14:28:43

In reply to: Best installation control software for my Android phone  posted by G.K.Chesterton

password protecting Google Play purchases? Or would that suffice? If so, google how to do that.

The parental controls that Google provides are defeated
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 17:25:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by clearing the storage for the Google Play Store app. Unbelievable how easy it is.

No, I mean setting Google Play to require a password
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-12-11 17:30:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in order to purchase apps. I don't know if it would work, because I have never set it. I don't know if it would require the password for free apps, either.

I do apologize if what I am describing is exactly what you are saying is easy to circumvent.

Instagram is free so it doesn't require a purchase. 8^( *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2018-12-11 20:43:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I use Norton App Lock
by fontoknow  (2018-12-12 10:00:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It locks down the settings as well as any app you want to password protect.