That is my point.
by mustangman (2019-01-21 10:02:10)

In reply to: Again, this has been a point of debate for at least 20 years  posted by 3rdSt

I simply do not understand this rush to be "woke" and "enlightened" in this day. It's like the politician who for years supported one side of an issue, but has "evolved" and now supports the other side of the issue.

And I’m saying that this wasn’t a ‘rush’ decision.
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-21 10:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The University has acknowledged the ‘problem’ of the murals for a long time.

But it is selective.
by mustangman  (2019-01-21 11:18:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The whole movement of being "woke" is destroying everything that does not fit within a narrow point of view. The people who claim to be tolerant and open minded are not tolerant or open minded. Again, why now if they have acknowledged an issue long ago? The article mentions one person who is in favor of this, saying this is a good first step. Well, what is the next step, and what is the last step?

Aren't careful decisions supposed to be selective...
by ufl  (2019-01-21 11:51:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..that is, what would be judged appropriate for a building housing the history department might not be appropriate for a visitor center or under the dome?

I think you're trying to pigeonhole the folks who made this decision into your view of a group of people who may be rather different.

I think it was a hollow and spineless decision.
by mustangman  (2019-01-21 18:26:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If the murals have been a topic of discussion for years, a decision should have been done long ago. It just smacks of poor leadership.

You make up your own narrative. Good for you. *
by 3rdSt  (2019-01-21 23:03:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s both an unstoppably broad slippery slope
by captaineclectic  (2019-01-21 14:43:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AND unfairly selective!

Yes. *
by mustangman  (2019-01-21 18:26:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you may have missed the conflict...
by ufl  (2019-01-22 09:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..between those notions which the captain was attempting to highlight.