Not sure what ratio the underwriter is trying to fortify
by The Flash (2019-01-22 12:56:37)

In reply to: Long shot -- IRS help?  posted by LondonDomer

But another option is to offer to set up $3k in cash escrow, and the cash
just sits in the account until closing or until until it is verified by
documentation to their satisfaction that you already paid the IRS. Their
insistence seems a bit unreasonable, but, as I say, they may be trying to
comply with some numerical ratio and this is their way of enforcing it.

This *
by subalumt  (2019-01-22 16:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah that could be an option.
by LondonDomer  (2019-01-22 13:05:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps the only option if this continues.

I don't think it's a ratio problem. I believe they are concerned about the possibility for a tax lien on the property. Seems idiotic.

Lien story from 30-40 years ago.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2019-01-22 13:53:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Years ago, I worked on a military base. An retired soldier turned civilian told me a story about buying a house in the Tampa area. The couple that was selling the house was in a real hurry to close the deal one morning and as soon as it was closed, the sellers drove away like the world was ending. That afternoon, some contractor showed up to put a lien on the house. He was too late.

I've never worked in real estate nor has anyone in the family but there's a reason all the boxes have to be checked - some buyer or seller has tried every possible con job.

This *
by subalumt  (2019-01-22 13:03:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post