That's a lotta dimp *
by Mark_It_Zero (2019-01-22 14:18:57)

In reply to: 2018 movies I saw  posted by The Holtz Room

This user did not provide content for this post

I make good use of the DVD service.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-22 14:39:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m sure there are some recs from you I couldn’t remember that should be on there as well.

Living in the sticks, your recs are essential for indie and other non big budget movies I might not otherwise hear of.

I'm always playing catch up on movies from prior years
by Mark_It_Zero  (2019-01-22 14:58:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so I never watch a lot of current year movies. Your volume is impressive. I probably won't ever get to most of those.

A lot of those you can guess were clunker, pop corn flix.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-22 15:09:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I too am catching up on old movies. As I have lulls in the que I get older 60s and 70s “Classics”.

Then I pick out an actor/actress and check out older stuff of theirs. The Cincast podcast was doing some Danny DeVito stuff so I tossed “Other People’s Money” and “Ruthless People” in the que.

If you find yourself in the mood for stylized crime dramas
by Mark_It_Zero  (2019-01-22 19:22:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just made a Stoic Noir list. Based on your taste, I think it'd be up your alley. I'm sure you've seen many of them, but the ones you haven't are probably worth your time.

Le Samourai
Heat
The Driver
The Drop
A Colt is My Passport
Thief
Drive
Violent Cop
The Conversation
To Live and Die in L.A.
Lucky Number Slevin
Rififi
A History of Violence
Miller's Crossing
The Friends of Eddie Coyle
Too Late
Small Town Crime

Thanks.
by The Holtz Room  (2019-01-22 19:50:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve seen a handful of those, but I copied the rest down.