The younger folks have become a bunch of fancy pants....
by Marine Domer (2019-02-16 21:07:24)

In reply to: Is this still America? Why no longer any love for ketchup?  posted by Frank Drebin

Eating is now more about what’s cool than what actually tastes good. Heinz ketchup rules. It’s not for everything, but life it lesser without it.

Yeah, that’s it
by ACross  (2019-02-16 23:21:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ketchup tastes like Wass’s baloon knot and you all should hang your heads in shame.

You and I have very different perspectives on food....
by Marine Domer  (2019-02-16 23:38:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I enjoy what I enjoy. Food isn’t a status symbol for me. It’s not like I can’t afford to eat fancy stuff, or don’t enjoy different types of food. But I think a good cheeseburger and fries, with ketchup on both, is a delightful meal.

And I don’t know what Wass’s balloon knot tastes like.

I wouldn’t take much offense.
by smithwick  (2019-02-17 08:12:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cross’ tastes in food are similar to his preferences in offensive schemes. Staid and stuck in the 80s.

I married into an Italian family
by jreednd  (2019-02-18 11:35:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And trust me, it's not an 80's thing. Ketchup is the devil. Your food should taste better than something needing ketchup. There are older in-laws who would throttle me if they saw me use ketchup.

And you know, I almost never use ketchup anymore. Because the food is, truly, damn good and doesn't need it. When I used to cook for myself, different story.

Yeah, that’s it *
by ACross  (2019-02-17 09:20:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I love cheeseburgers
by ACross  (2019-02-17 00:08:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't pollute them with ketchup. I prefer them to be made with good beef.
Food has nothing to do with status symbols. That's not the idea behind refinement and good taste.

Made with horse meat, i.e. from the finest stallions? *
by 21TAS  (2019-02-17 15:34:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

100% agree. A burger made with high quality beef
by dulac89  (2019-02-17 12:16:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cooked medium rare, with a good cheese and a thick slab of bacon, need never be polluted with condiments