Given Amazon is building a distribution center here in GR
by graNDfan (2019-02-18 11:16:01)

In reply to: I hear Grand Rapids is nice.  posted by Irish Tool

I think we should step in and make another offer for their HQ. And they have recently contracted with a local distributor for some of their food distribution I believe.

GR is so much nicer than it was when I was growing up (70's). It has it's issues (public transportation, etc). But over all it is a great place close to some of the nicest scenery in the state. An only an 1 hour and 40 minutes from ND.

I spend a few days a year in GR
by ND8486  (2019-02-18 11:44:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems nice. Upbeat downtown.

What is that crazy huge grey castle like building south of town?

I call it our future penal facility
by graNDfan  (2019-02-18 13:09:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I drive by it everyday. It's an Apartment / Retail complex built by the family of our former Secretary of State - Terri Lynn Land. I can't imagine actually wanting to live there. but hey, it has a Lion on top!

To each his own I guess. *
by ND8486  (2019-02-18 16:39:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post