The anecdotes around the college admissions scandal are many
by Raoul (2019-03-13 22:04:18)
Edited on 2019-03-13 22:14:20

My favorite:

Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade was on spring break in the Bahamas when the scandal broke. She was on a $600K a week (charter rates) yacht with her friend Gianna Caruso. Gianna also attends USC and is the youngest daughter of multi-billionaire developer Rick Caruso of LA (his dad, Gianna's grandfather, founded Dollar Rent a Car). Rick Caruso is also the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of USC.

"The charges filed today against employees of USC are disturbing and the alleged activity is absolutely wrong. I am saddened that these people would abuse their positions of trust and, as the government has alleged, victimize USC in the process. There is no option other than zero tolerance for this type of behavior. As a result, USC has fired the alleged wrongdoers."

Rick J. Caruso
Chair of the USC Board of Trustees

Caruso has given so much to USC that I doubt he was that worried about whether she was getting in.

The boat is very nice.

I called one of the guys last year
by nyirish08  (2019-03-14 09:26:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's chairman of a department at USC and I wanted to see if I could get him to do a continuing ed event. He wasn't interested in flying out to the east coast for a one day meeting, even if we were paying him $15k.
He could have recouped part of the $100k he paid to get his daughter into USC.
My question- This guy was a full professor at the school and worked there for 40 years. His daughter must have been severely underqualified for that alone not to get her into USC.

Is he the dentist? *
by usmcirish  (2019-03-14 12:11:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yep *
by nyirish08  (2019-03-14 12:25:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

761 = number of families that were implicated in the scandal
by Raoul  (2019-03-14 09:24:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the first 30 or so is indeed just the tip of the iceberg.

Note: Multiple outlets reporting that exact figure.

I assume that will add more Universities? *
by ksqdomer  (2019-03-14 09:38:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I believe everyone has a right to go to college, man."
by rick  (2019-03-14 08:32:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

$125,000 to get a 23 to 35.

“Check out my CD, ‘Cheese and Crackers'”

https://nypost.com/2019/03/13/son-defends-parents-caught-in-college-admissions-scandal-while-smoking-blunt/

What an idiot
by elterrible  (2019-03-14 09:45:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he can't even roll a blunt properly

He'll never get into Reed now. *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2019-03-14 12:16:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Caruso certainly has a head on his shoulders.
by Wooderson  (2019-03-14 08:17:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"If it floats, flies, or fucks, rent it."

It’s so refreshing to have an LA scandal without any rape *
by DakotaDomer  (2019-03-14 08:04:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Confession Thursday
by graNDfan  (2019-03-14 07:58:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I paid Board Ops for access to NDNation.

Figured I better get in front of the coming scandal....

Once again the FBI has handed the NCAA information
by Hometown fan  (2019-03-13 23:27:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The primary SAT test taker/fixer worked at the football factory, IMG. Now, I am aware this scandal does not involve athletes; but, it would be naive to think that dude was not scamming the SAT system for football players.

It most certainly involves Athletic Departments over which
by 1NDGal  (2019-03-14 09:31:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the NCAA has jurisdiction.

Lynn Swann’s second or third in command is looking at multiple felonies. Lack of Institutional Control? Surely the NCAA can find a nexus to scholarship sports and do something.

IMG is a tennis and soccer factory
by fontoknow  (2019-03-14 07:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It started as a tennis academy.

That might be where it started but it is a footbal
by Steelhop  (2019-03-14 08:00:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

factory now pulling kids from all over the country.

Yeah, but no one's trying to get FB players in
by Wooderson  (2019-03-14 08:29:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on academics. The one USC recruit was touted as a possible punter, and walk-on, not a scholarship player.

I cant speak for Hometown but
by Steelhop  (2019-03-14 08:57:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My guess is that Hometown is implying that if the IMG guy was helping non-athletes with shady ways to get into college that it wouldn't be strange for him to help football players get thier numbers they need to get into college.

Indeed, IMG "met" all these college coaches in various
by Raoul  (2019-03-14 09:35:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sports and then someone leveraged that further.

Interesting the IMG owned by WME (Ari Emmanuel and Patrick Whitesell, cuckold of the Bezos mess) and then one of those implicated is McGlashan who is Chairman of CAA. This thing will get interesting.

Exactly. *
by Hometown fan  (2019-03-14 09:18:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With all the sports there, frankly
by fontoknow  (2019-03-14 09:15:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When you pay 77k per year, your going to expect full service.

It's all of these things
by fontoknow  (2019-03-14 08:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In terms of volume, it's still a soccer and tennis factory. Some of that is because the USMNT U16 and U17 we're housed there.

I knew Mark Riddell some years back. Seemed like a nice guy.
by IrishNYCA  (2019-03-14 00:15:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I definitely know IMG. I’m not surprised this is intertwined at all. A “for profit” high school’s test prep guru is caught up in this scam. You paid for everything there. I’m only surprised it’s taken this long to uncover.

I understand IMG is not implicated currently. Yet I can assure you this would flourish in that corrupt culture.

Maybe she was rowing the yacht?
by Barrister  (2019-03-13 22:47:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not my joke, I read it elsewhere

It's still awesome!!! *
by usmcirish  (2019-03-14 12:12:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To me, this one is the most shocking.....from Recode
by Raoul  (2019-03-13 22:29:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Once again, USC. The irony of this guy's public profile and his final comment is so delicious.

“I’m gonna make him a kicker/punter and they’re gonna walk him through with football, and I’ll get a picture and figure out how to Photoshop,” William Rick Singer, the college prep adviser at the heart of the scandal, allegedly told McGlashan in August 2018.

“He does have really strong legs,” McGlashan told Singer. “Maybe he’ll become a kicker. You never know.”

“Pretty funny,” McGlashan would later add. “The way the world works these days is unbelievable.”

SIAP-how about the 145 lb DL/long snapper
by rick  (2019-03-14 08:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who quit his HS team?
"[My son] is a natural..."
"...good solid player..."