Impromptu spring break trip within 8 hrs of Milwaukee
by TAR (2019-03-23 15:54:10)
Edited on 2019-03-23 21:58:15

Four people, 2 daughters >18.

Where would you go and for how long?

Edited subject to clarify driving restriction

Say ya to da U.P., eh.
by gozer  (2019-03-24 23:16:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Check out copper harbor. No idea what to do there, but you can probably get some good pasties somewhere.

Plus if you go to Hurley once, you could show the girls
by irishguard78  (2019-03-25 12:22:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where all the brothels used to be hey

Nashville, Lexington, Louisville. All wonderful cities
by IrishNYCA  (2019-03-24 00:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with lots to do. I’d probably go Nashville if you’re first timers. Some excellent hotels and restaurants. Fine music venues. Sports, museums, etc.

A few ideas...
by JC_90_94  (2019-03-23 21:56:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Destin area (we’ve done Miramar Beach several times). Weather for next week looks decent but not great. Beach is beautiful. I’d stay outside of Destin itself - Miramar, Okaloosa, or 30A area.

Nashville - great food, music (not just country), the Hermitage was cool. Could couple this with another city like St. Louis.

Great Smoky Mountains/Asheville - weather wouldn’t be fabulous but I expect the Park is relatively quiet.

Cudahy - it’s always the destination I threaten my family with.

Wild boar hunting in south central Florida.
by irishguard78  (2019-03-23 21:27:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, not a great idea. On the other hand, my brother and some friends are doing this next February. You could take them to South Beloit to show them the liquor stores and places to buy butter and lottery tickets.

Are they girly girls or do they like some tomboy activities?

Take girly girls to NYC for some simple sight seeing and shopping with a modest play ( or not modest). Girls like that sort of thing and sometimes an old classic makes dad a hero. Or take them to someplace historically cool like Williamsburg. It’s refined and yet not pretentious. Two days in Williamsburg and two in Washington DC doing hick touristy shit.

Nashvegas *
by fontoknow  (2019-03-23 20:16:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hawaii, specifically Maui or Kauai *
by Son of Galway  (2019-03-23 17:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

San Diego for about five days. Although the weather in
by 3rdSt  (2019-03-23 16:47:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Phoenix is unbelievable this week. Depends on how much you want a beach.