Sixt is fun -
by ndhouston (2019-04-22 14:51:19)

In reply to: Best rental car companies for quick pick up  posted by Tex Francisco

Instead of driving one of those generic American/Japanese/Korean cars that is easily recognizable as "oh, that must be a rental" in any hotel parking lot, you get a BMW 4 or 5 series. Damn, that's fun. I'm never renting from an American rental car agency in Europe again.

Did sixt in ft Myers last week
by Nyirish08  (2019-04-22 22:39:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stood in the heat for 20 minutes waiting for the shuttle while all the Hertz people got into their cars and left onsite.
Then the shuttle was a minor hike.
Then the desk took forever.
Car was nice though.

Silvercar is similar but with Audi
by KnightlyRevue  (2019-04-22 16:57:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I use them every time I go to Denver or San Fran and they are quick, efficient, and all booking, pickup, return can be done through their mobile app. I like using them when I can and the mild premium you pay is worth it because of the quality of their fleet.

I've rented Mercedes-Benzes and BMW's from Hertz
by sprack  (2019-04-22 15:00:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At damn good prices, too. I wasn't even looking to rent a car like that but couldn't pass it up when I saw the price. The Mercedes was in Scotland and the BMW was in your own Munich.

I also rented a Citroen from Hertz in France that was a great car.

You have to rent a big German car when you're there
by milhouse  (2019-04-22 15:06:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so you can cruise on the Autobahn.

Oh, no doubt. And it's awesome
by sprack  (2019-04-22 15:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was especially fun to scare my wife.

"We're going 180 miles an hour???!"

No, that's kilometers.

"What's that in miles?"

I ain't tellin'.