I don't understand why these horses aren't getting faster
by Raoul (2019-05-19 12:45:42)
Edited on 2019-05-19 12:46:11

In reply to: Did anyone really care who won the Preakness? Was anyone  posted by 1NDGal

I want record times, not relative greatness.

I don't understand why there aren't snipers in the press
by abqgant  (2019-05-19 16:17:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

box who are instructed to shoot riderless horses.

Or better yet, jockeys who can't hang on for the ride.

Just sayin.

Chuck Schumer’s going to introduce legislation...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2019-05-19 21:46:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

requiring all jockeys to wear seat belts, in advance of the Belmont.

Covfefe broke the track record on Friday by 2 seconds
by Killian  (2019-05-19 16:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the Miss Preakness.

Maybe they are, but they’re just not being doped as much
by 3rdSt  (2019-05-19 13:53:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as they used to be. I can not imagine all the shady stuff that went down in horse-racing in the past, but at least they’re trying to clean it up now.

Was Secretariat doped? All horses back then? *
by Raoul  (2019-05-19 14:21:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve told the story before and it pissed off a lot of people
by Jeash  (2019-05-19 16:56:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know one of the vets that worked on Secretariat and he swears that he was on the juice. I’m not going to go through the whole story because I might as well insult everybody’s grandmother.

Limited gene pool
by gozer  (2019-05-19 13:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Might get faster if they changed the rules to allow some outside blood into thoroughbreds from other breeds for a while