I didn’t think an ending this poor was possible.
by frosh (2019-05-19 22:33:01)
Edited on 2019-05-19 22:34:01

In reply to: Pretty sure someone back here called this one exactly.  posted by 1NDGal

There has been a lot of disappointing elements this season, but there are no redeeming qualities to this finale.

Someone said last week that they enjoyed this season because they like liking things (like Abed in Community) and I more or less agreed, but I can’t bring myself to like this.

I really hope Martin doesn’t have a heart attack before he finishes the books because he has to have something better in mind than this. I’m hopeful that the ending he has planned is quite different and that they weren’t allowed to use it in the show.

While I agree the season as a whole
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 22:45:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was rushed and a disappointment, I find the ending somewhat satisfying. The wheel was broken by having someone who has absolutely no desire for power in charge. Sansa is doing her own thing which is ultimately what she wanted after having such a traumatic arc. Arya is in no way able to come to grips with all the death she has been involved with, and therefore sails off to explore the unknown since she can’t envision herself as part of society. And Jon gets to live out his life as a free man in his own fashion. And most importantly, as I’m sure we can all agree, he got to pet ghost and spend the rest of his life with his dog. BTW, it wouldn’t surprise me if the scene with ghost was a last minute addition due to the backlash after he left ghost without saying goodbye. Kit Harrington was supposed to host a screening of the final episode with Sophie turner (I believe), but had to cancel this week due a last minute work conflict.

Bran keeps letting on that he knew exactly how this would
by frosh  (2019-05-19 22:58:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all play out. I guess he was cool with Dany torching Kings Landing if it meant the three eyed raven could be king? When he reincarnates, will he reinstall himself as king?

Exactly *
by 1NDGal  (2019-05-19 23:01:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Different narrative path for sure
by wcnitz  (2019-05-19 22:35:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I’d bet a pretty penny that Martin’s ending will include a dead Dany and two Starks with crowns.