Couple thoughts (spoilers)
by El Kabong (2019-05-19 22:50:55)

In reply to: Pretty sure someone back here called this one exactly.  posted by 1NDGal

I guess I liked it overall, but......

Bran's sudden turnaround in being interested in taking the throne was a bit unbelievable, as was the fact that Grey Worm (and the Unsullied) left Jon alive after realizing he'd killed Dany.

I suppose they had to have Yara still support Dany afterwards, because if not, the minute the Unsullied and Dothraki left for Naath, the Westerosi could have said, "eh, fuck those guys, Jon can do whatever".

When Drogon looked at Jon before it picked up Dany's body, my wife leaned over to me and said, "You gonna eat that? Cuz if not...."

I didn't even recognize Jon Arryn. I thought Edmure didn't deserve to get shit on at that council meeting.

Edmure absolutely deserved to get crap
by Steelhop  (2019-05-20 08:38:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his entire speech was entire BS and was a demonstration of how out of touch he was

1) He royally screwed but Robb Stark's plan to pull the Lannister's army out from Harrenhal back into the West so that he could either win in open combat or slip past it and get back east. You could argue this led to Robb's death because he had to escape north. If he can get the Lannister army in the west and be it. Roose Bolton probably doesn't betray him because Robb would have been in a position of strength. He likely can take boats north to retake winterfell instead of going over the Twins

2) He couldn't hit his father's funeral boat.
3) His actions to turn over Riverrun resulted in his uncles death. He essentially betrays his family for being a stooge of the Lannisters.
4) He did nothing in the Great War nor Dany's war to take KL.

In regards to Grey Worm,
by ndstein04  (2019-05-19 22:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is either faster than the high school sprinter from Texas, or Jon is really, really slow. He somehow beat Jon to the red keep despite having to execute about 5 more Lannister soldiers.

Varys left a fellow eunuch his jetpack *
by charlottend  (2019-05-20 07:38:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post